Where does that leave the rest of us?
Many leaders, including marketing leaders, think it is exclusively the sales team that drive business sales. They therefore focus on establishing the best salesforce, training them on solutions, value proposition and messaging. But where does that leave the rest of us when they only represent 10-15 percent of employees?
Having an everyone sells approach 100 percent of the workforce help sales achieve sales targets and everyone becomes a go-to person that represent the brand and company externally. Focusing on your expertise, it is possible to support sales by guiding prospects through the funnel. Well, this is neither just a job for marketing as everyone represents the brand today.
A strong culture
With a ‘everyone sells culture’, you activate the 85-90 percent to think more about customer experience, company culture and brand engagement. With this alignment of the entire workforce, everyone strive to achieve common goals and driving revenue. These 85-90 percent is also known as the inactive on social media. Well, often they are not active because they do not know what to share, when to share - unclear if sharing company content during work hours is acceptable - and on which channels.
All employees can give excellent customer experience
I am not suggesting that everyone becomes sales executives instantly. However activating employees as advocates, they not only create a strong brand awareness, they also support the sales team in converting potential prospects into customers. Employee advocacy is a collective approach that in the end support business objectives through leveraging business messages to personal and professional networks. All employees have unique insights and perspectives that are valuable and their opinions constitutes an excellent customer experience and employer branding.
For the majority to support sales, especially marketing leaders can provide employees tools and strong messages about the company vision, mission, solutions and offerings.
We want to share challenges, achievements and successes not product specifications. When messages are shared by employees, the messages reach 561% further compared to corporate channels. (MSL)
- Employee advocacy programmes leads the way for knowing what, when and where to share company content. Choose a tool as Sociuu that makes employee advocacy effortless and a natural part of the workflow.
- Social networking and employee advocacy is among the most frequently used collaboration technologies at work (Altimeter)
- With social selling and employee advocacy, lead generation is 7X more likely to close. (IBM)
- 77% of B2B buyers stress that they do not engage with sales representatives until after independent online research (HubSpot)
- 75% of B2B buyers and 84% of C-level executives say that social media defines purchasing decisions. (LinkedIn)
Activating all employees in sales process and creating a sales culture where everyone have an important role is one of the best ways to accelerate sales. Building a strong culture that support sales through employee advocacy makes a difference on the bottom line.